Who is responsible for data collection within the Burg-Wächter apps?
The responsible party for the further processing of the data transferred to us through Amazon is:
Altenhofer Weg 15
Phone: +49 (0) 2335 965 30
How do we collect your data?
We collect personal data when you release it to us with your voluntary consent during the installation of the application.
What data is collected:
For technical reasons, we have to collect and store certain data when using the BURGcam app or BURGprotect app.
The following data is therefore necessary for the proper operation of the app.
- Data from your BURG-WÄCHTER/SANTEC BW product (serial number, IP address, device ID, etc.)
- Camera sensor data (for capturing the QR code on our devices for capturing these systems, profile picture (optional)).
- Personal data (email, phone number, first and last name, contacts you share access with (administration)) that you share via form input
- access to local device storage (contacts, storage of photos, videos, profile picture)
- access to microphone and speaker (communication with people in front of the camera or with the other party, as well as to send voice commands via Siri.)
- Location data (access is requested by Google -for end devices running Android- when executing the command to request the device identifier. No data is collected by us).
- WLAN connection information
The following data is therefore necessary for the proper operation of the BURGcam app with remote access (P2P) using the BURGcloud service:
- Intermediate storage of connection data and duration to provide the connection setup and improve the service.
- Storage of account, device ID and device information and connection data on the BURGcloud server to provide the synchronization service.
Recorded camera data (photos and videos) are stored locally and remain on your mobile device and are not transferred to or stored on Burg-Wächter / SANTEC BW servers unless an enhanced service with other provisions is used.
When registering the product, you enter personal data (first name, last name and email address and/or phone number, profile picture). These are transferred once to BURG-WÄCHTER / SANTEC BW in the registration process or update process and stored in order to personalize the account. This serves to protect our legitimate interests in a correct presentation of our offer, which outweigh our interests in the context of a balancing of interests.
You can revoke your consent to the storage of data at any time, for example by using the delete function in the portal.
We collect your data exclusively for precisely defined purposes. These may result from technical necessities or explicit user requests.
On what legal basis do we collect your data?
We will only store your data for as long as it is required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or if this is provided for by law.
BURG-WÄCHTER KG and its subsidiary SANTEC BW AG do not pass on any of the stored personal data to third parties.
What rights do you have with regard to your personal data?
Right of complaint to a supervisory authority
In the event of violations of the GDPR, data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of their habitual residence, their place of work or the place of the alleged violation. The right of appeal is without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
Right to data portability
You have the right to have data that we process automatically on the basis of your consent or in performance of a contract handed over to you or to a third party in a common, machine-readable format. If you request the direct transfer of the data to another responsible party, this will only be done insofar as it is technically feasible.
Right to information
Within the framework of the applicable legal provisions, you have the right at any time to free information about your stored personal data, its origin and recipient and the purpose of data processing and, if necessary, a right to correction, blocking or deletion of this data. For this purpose, as well as for further questions on the subject of personal data, you can contact us at any time at the address given in the imprint.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data. To do this, you can contact us at any time at the address given in the imprint. The right to restriction of processing exists in the following cases:
- If you dispute the accuracy of your personal data stored by us, we usually need time to verify this. For the duration of the review, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- If the processing of your personal data has happened / is happening unlawfully, you can request the restriction of data processing instead of deletion.
- If we no longer need your personal data, but you need it to exercise, defend or assert legal claims, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data instead of erasure.
- If you have lodged an objection pursuant to Art. 21 (1) DSGVO, a balancing of your and our interests must be carried out. As long as it has not yet been determined whose interests prevail, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
If you have restricted the processing of your personal data, this data - apart from its storage - may only be processed with your consent or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of an important public interest of the European Union or a Member State.
In this case, however, it may be that certain or all functions when using the Burg-Wächter Skills, can no longer be made available to you, as necessary data, may no longer be processed by us.
Right of objection
Insofar as we process personal data as explained above in order to protect our legitimate interests, which prevail in the context of a balancing of interests, you may object to this processing with effect for the future. If the processing is carried out for direct marketing purposes, you can exercise this right at any time as described above. If the processing is carried out for other purposes, you will only have the right to object if there are grounds arising from your particular situation.
After exercising your right to object, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or if the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
This does not apply if the processing is for direct marketing purposes. Then we will not further process your personal data for this purpose.
Data protection officer
We have appointed the following data protection officer for our company.
If you have any questions about the collection, processing or use of your personal data, or if you wish to request information, correct, block or delete data, or revoke any consent you may have given or object to a particular use of your data, please contact our company data protection officer:
Mr. René Raumanns, Mr. Christian Schosnig
SNS Systems GmbH
63263 Neu-Isenburg, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 6102 7751 500